Year 13 Language students: here’s what you need to be doing over the holidays to complete the Language allocation of your ‘Christmas 50’…
1. Make sure you have detailed notes on every term covered in the Grammar Glossary. If there’s anything you’re unsure about, you can tweet us (@englishatlc).
2. When you’ve done that, have a go at The Grammar Megatest if you’ve not do so already. (Make sure you input your email address very carefully, as the test will email you your results. These should be printed and placed in your folders.)
3. Complete this blog task. Make sure you watch both talks and submit a comment on the post with your own thoughts.
4. Listen to the CLA-themed audio files below, and make detailed notes on each. These will help a great deal in preparing you for the mock exam in January.
5. Watch this Intelligence Squared debate and make notes on the arguments presented by both sides. At the end of the debate, decide whether you’d vote for or against the motion, and explain your decision in 100-200 words in a comment on this post.
6. Complete the task on this blog post. Make sure you read/watch/listen to all of the links given, and leave a comment on that post to show the decision you’ve reached.
7. Enjoy the rest of your Christmas break!
If you have any questions/queries, get in touch by email or on Twitter (@englishatlc).
PS. If you haven’t already got this, make sure you grab it from the library before the holiday, or add it to your Christmas list.